Become a USCG Licensed Captain
- Duluth & Baudette Classes have been scheduled:
- Duluth OUPV/MasterMarch 14 to March 20, 2021
- Baudette Launch Drivers OUPV: April 5 to 7 & a second class April 9 to 11
- submit you application ASAP
- click Application Instructions for detailed instructions, To get an application down load from the web (details on Application Instruction page),or call: 419-418-6010 and ask for in the original license application. Speak clearly and leave your address. Make your deposit here.
Duluth (Twig) Minnesota Class: 2021 (A second class will be scheduled in May or June TBA)
OUPV-March 14 to March 21, Master- March 26 to March 29
Sportsmans Lodge, Baudette, Minn.
Baudette Launch Drivers OUPV: April 5 to 7 & a second class April 9 to 11
Please reserve a place in class with a deposit https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/TedGephart
FOR ALL OF OUR SAFETY, THERE WILL BE COVID SAFETY PROTOCALLS, INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE SUPPLIED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION. COMPLIANCE WILL BE MANDITORY. IF THE TRAINING FACILITY CLOSES FOR SAFETY OF STUDENTS, THE CLASS WILL BE RESCHEDULED.
Sheet Metal Workers Training Center
6279 Industrial Rd, Saginaw, MN 55779
Twig, Minn. (11 min No of Miller Hill)
You should be getting your application into the USCG ASAP because it is going to take a long time to get it processed, they are behind the gun because of COVID-19.
- Regular classes are from 8:30 to 5:30 daily
- You will need a picture ID
- I take cash or a check
- a galley, & refrigerator is available
- groceries, fast food & restaurants close by
Master $325.00 (Inland or Near Coastal) In addition to the $795.00 OUPV fee)
Launch Drivers OUPV $385.00
Other costs apply (TWIC, CG application fees, etc)
- All courses instructed by USCG Captain Ted Gephart.
* other costs apply
Whether you are after your OUPV (aka 6 pak or Captain’s license), your Masters, the Towing or Sailing certificates, or you just need a refresher, Ted can make it happen.
Ted Gephart has been training mariners since 1988. His goal is to help as many people as possible become certified so they can move forward with their boating goals. Working at a level of individual attention not available elsewhere, he makes a daunting goal do-able! Most locations have CPR first aid, DOT panel five screening and compliant health physical available onsite to make the complicated process of obtaining your license much easier.
Contact Superior Marine Training – Please send us your name, email, phone and your specific USCG license/endorsement interest.